Jewelry is beautiful, exquisite, and alluring all in one. There’s many different jewelry pieces that you can use to highlight and compliment an outfit. However, what many people have trouble with is matching the type of jewelry they have to an outfit. If you’re in this predicament, the following is a guide on the top tips on how you can match your jewelry the right way so you can have a beautiful complete outfit. Let’s take a look now at some of the tips.
Best Tips For Matching An Outfit With Jewelry.
- Compliment The Occasion
Matching your jewelry for the occasion is an important part of complimenting your outfit. As an example, you don’t want to be wearing large bulky bracelets and rings if you’re only going to work. Some tips on dressing for the occasion include:
- Stunning necklaces work best with simple evening dresses when going to a formal, wedding, or other special event. The reason why this works so well is that it won’t conflict. A stunning necklace and an elaborate dress will be too much on the eyes. You need to have one fabulous accessory on you and one simple one. If you have a stunning dress, a simple necklace will fit just right.
- For larger bust lines when at a corporate or business event, use a large broach. This will help to reduce your bust size when people look at you. It will also help you to feel less self-conscious as well.
If you own a stunning necklace, adding 14k yellow gold peridot earrings, a bracelet, or a ring will also help to create a balanced effect overall.
- Skin Tone Matching
When wearing jewelry, did you know that not all skin tones work best with different jewelry colored pieces. As an example:
- Gold jewelry pieces work best with yellow or warm skin tones and complexions.
- Silver jewelry pieces work best with pale or cooler skin tones.
When matching gemstone jewelry, like genuine emerald earrings, it’s important to remember to match the color with your eyes. In doing this it will highlight your face a lot better.
- Focal Point
When matching jewelry, you also need to know how you can create the focal point. You need to make sure you draw the attention to all of you, not just where the peridot jewelry will be placed. In order to do this, you can:
- Work the design and size of the jewelry to your advantage by layering necklaces if you’re tall and thin. This will help to even out your body.
- For those who are weighty, wearing single necklaces and jewelry will help to reduce adding weight to your body.
In doing this it will create a focal point where people will view you as a hole and not focus on a specific area. It’s all about balance.
- Using Gold For Your Casual Attire
When going casual; plaid shirt, jeans, tights and skirts, gold is a good color to use as it helps to create a warming effect. The color of your clothes should also represent the season that you’re in. Wearing pastel colors is great because it doesn’t overdo your look. When adding golden jewelry use shapes like diamond, square, or circle.
When it comes to matching your jewelry, there’s so many different things you can consider. By taking the time to carefully match your outfit, you’ll be able to really improve your look greatly. So, are you going to start matching your outfit?
Caroline Kastner is looking to become a fashion designer and loves to create jewelry to sell from her home. She has contributed to Jewelry-Store, and is a loving, caring mother to her young children. She enjoys bike riding and going to the beach.