Of the many different systems that are present in your body, the immune system is one of the most important when it comes to maintaining your health. The immune system is the part of your body that protects you from unwanted illnesses. When viruses and germs go your way, the immune system acts up and releases white blood cells to combat them. Due to its importance, keeping it healthy should be one of your top priorities. The best way to do this is eating the right food and take the right vitamins. There is a long list of drugstores and groceries where you can get them from, which makes things more convenient. Here are some of the best foods and vitamins to help give your immune system a boost.
1. Vitamin C – This is the most important vitamin when it comes to supporting your immune system. Vitamin C is basically what makes the immune system function properly. The body does not produce this vitamin, which means we can only get them from foods and vitamin supplements. Lack of vitamin C on your body makes your body more susceptible to illness.
2. Vitamin E – Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps protect your body from infection. It is also important for your skin health and balancing out your hormones. You can receive this vitamin from both food and vitamin supplements.
3. Vitamin B6 – This is another vitamin that helps support your immune system, and is in charge of releasing important hormones that are transmitted to your brain. This is also the vitamin that supports the biochemical reactions within your immune system. Like vitamin E, you can receive it from both food and vitamin supplements.
1. Citrus Fruits – Among all the foods that are listed here, citrus fruits are the best providers of vitamin C. These fruits contain a high amount of the vitamin and is known to help prevent your body from getting a good number of illnesses. Fruits that contain vitamin C include oranges, lemons, grapefruit, lime, and tangerines.
2. Berries – Another fruit which contains vitamin C, berries are known to be helpful in treating illnesses like fever and flu. They are also helpful in protecting your body against different kinds of bacterial infections like salmonella and staph. Examples of berries include blueberries, strawberries, and cranberries.
3. Almonds – These types of nuts are rich in vitamin E and contain healthy fats that make the body work better. Almonds can be eaten directly, or placed on other kinds of food as a supplementary ingredient.
4. Green Tea – Drinking different kinds of tea gives you a good amount of health benefits. Green tea is a type of tea that is rich in antioxidants. They are known to boost immune functions and in fighting germs.
Your immune system is one of the most important systems on your body and giving a much-needed boost protect you from different kinds of illnesses that can hit your body. With these selections of foods and vitamins, You are guaranteed that you are giving your immune system all the help it could get.