Do you want your human hair lace wigs to stay in the new-like condition for long? The biggest mistake wig owners make is maintaining it in the wrong way. They aren’t aware of the proper method to clean, wash and store it. And thus, they kept using the wrong care technique, decreasing their wig’s quality gradually. We can help you maintain the beauty and quality of your human wig. Here are the five steps that you need to follow to take care of it.
Things You Need To Arrange
Before we start the steps, it’s important to arrange all the necessary requirements in advance. Don’t worry, the list isn’t long. All the things given below are easily available at your home. So go grab them up.
- Comb with a wide-tooth
- Conditioner and wig shampoo
- Dry towel
- Wig stand
Step1 Brush Your Wig Using A Wide-tooth Brush
The first maintenance step is to comb your wig. For that, use a wide-tooth brush. Gently comb it with light hands. The reason why you should use this type of brush is- reduced hair damage. This comb will help you avoid or reduce the hair damage that is common during hair brushing. Never use a comb with a narrow-tooth. You know why? It will tear the hairs of your beautiful straight bob wig apart.
There’s a technique to comb the wig. Start from the top and slowly move to the end. You have to detangle all the hairs very carefully. Don’t go fast, it will lose the roots of the hairs, making them fall easily.
Step2 Wash Your Wig
After you are done brushing your human hair wig, it’s time to clean them. You have guessed right, in this step, we are going to wash the wigs. Let’s be clear- washing regular hairs and wigs are not the same. You have to be more careful while washing your beloved wig. Here’s how you should wash clean it:
- Rinse your wig by holding it under the running cold water from your tap.
- When it’s wet, apply the wig shampoo to the hairs.
- Then slowly put your fingers into the hairs.
- Now slide them from up to down very gently.
- Go this for around 15-20 times.
- Then wash your wig the same way- by holding it under the running water.
- Avoid twisting and tingling the hairs during the wash.
Note- Shampoo your alluring loose deep wave wig at least two times. Then only move forward to the third step.
Step3 Apply Conditioner
Conditioner will lock the shine of your human hair wig, making it beautiful when dry. Following are the steps to apply conditioner to it:
- When your wig is wet after shampoo, apply a conditioner to it.
- Follow the same rule to apply it as shampoo.
- After you are done applying it, wait for around 1-2 minutes.
- Now rinse it properly by holding it under your tap.
- Hold it until the conditioner is completely removed.
Step4 Let’s Dry It Now
You don’t have to directly expose your lovely deep wave bob wig to the heat of the dryer. Many people make this mistake and end up making their wigs look horrible. Here’s the right way to dry your wig:
- Take a towel and spread it on your table or any other plain surface above the ground.
- Now place your wet wig on it.
- Gently press the towel to your wig. Let it absorb the water.
- Put your dryer on the cold air mode and use it to dry the scalp area of your wig.
- If you don’t want to use a hair dryer and towel, simply hang your wet wig on the wig stand. Let it dry naturally.
Step5 Storing The Wig
Storing your human hair wig is an important part of the maintenance process. After your wig is dried, you can simply put it in your wig stand in order to avoid crimps and kinks. Or, if you don’t have a stand, put some paper filler in your wig’s scalp area and place it carefully inside a clean plastic bag.
So these were the five steps to maintain a human hair wig. If you follow them carefully, your wig will stay in good quality for long. In the end, share this article with your friends who own a human hair wig. Help them to maintain their beauty.