Bank Feed is one of the dynamics and popular features of QuickBooks. This feature creates a connection between the user’s bank and a credit card account and records the transactions automatically. Once the data gets transferred you can match them with the transactions in your bank account database.
But sometimes users may face QuickBooks Error Bank Feeds. There is a similar error called QuickBooks Printer Error that users tend to face.
Reasons for the QuickBooks Bank Feed Error
- The administrator’s bank has changed the file name that is necessary to be mentioned in the QuickBooks application.
- Online banking facilities from your bank may not have been activated yet.
- Bank administration may have changed internet access into direct access.
- An out-dated version of the QuickBooks application software.
Issues that users have faced with QuickBooks Bank Feed
Following are the issues that users tend to face with this QuickBooks error:
- The windows version and the installed QuickBooks version mismatched.
- Issues in downloading the transactions from the administrator’s bank to the QuickBooks application company files.
- Unable to log-in to the account from an external source other than QuickBooks application.
Steps to fix QuickBooks Bank Feed Error
These non-printable characters that are unique from those you can create on a keyboard, like special characters (@, %, #, &, *). These characters usually came from copy-pasted texts, installed transactions, or transferred ones.
For fixing this, you have to switch to a Register mode first. After that, analyze each and every list of names you have in QuickBooks Desktop, and delete the non-printable characters. Note that they can appear as a small square, which you can select and delete.
Switch to Register mode:
- First, Switch to single-user mode.
- From the upper left, click the ‘Edit’ menu.
- Select ‘Preferences’.
- On the left pane, select ‘Checking’.
- Move to the ‘Company Preferences’ tab.
- From the Bank Feeds section, choose the ‘Register Mode’ (Classic Mode) radio button.
- Click Ok.
Search and delete non-printable characters:
- Go to the list of names, like Chart of Accounts, Customers & Jobs, etc.
- Right-click the name, you will get a pop-up menu, select ‘Edit’.
- From the Name field, choose the non-printable character, and then click the ‘Delete’ option.
- Click Ok.
When you receive an error message: “Error Bank feeds: Non-printable Characters detected in QuickBooks File Names.” The solving support is available in two ways: self-service and paid expert support options.
Experts and professionals are available to fix the Quickbooks issue to make sure minimum downtime and continue running of your business.
Try to resolve the issue by yourself first. If you are facing complexity issues or you are unable to solve the issue, you may need expert help for that.
This article has covered approximately every information and instruction regarding QuickBooks Bank Feed. QuickBooks Bank Reconciliation allows the users to connect their Bank Account with QuickBooks Account. If you still get any problem or want any professional help or guidance, you can freely contact this number: 1-877-349-3776.