Device drivers are softwares that facilitate the communication between your PC’s hardware and the operating system and ensure the completion of all the tasks. But sometimes, these drivers can become outdated or corrupted. And this is where driver update softwares come to the rescue. The best is that if you go according to TechyHost, you don’t even need to update them manually. They treat your system drivers and update them to get your PC running like new. We need to update our system’s device drivers for their smooth functioning and stability. They help fix issues and boost the performance of the PC. These tools help you update the device drivers installed in Windows for your computer’s hardware. Given below is a list of the best driver updaters.
Snappy Driver Installer
Snappy Driver Installer is an impressive freeware for updating multiple drivers in a single time. The software scans for devices in critical conditions such as are outdated, broken, or missing. After that, it downloads the essential files required for updates and gives the user access to set up the updates.
· Compatible with Windows XP and above versions
· Can install drivers both online and offline
· Filter feature to help the user find the best matching drivers to install
· Does not need installation as it can be used in an external hard drive
· Downloads offline as well
· Unlimited downloads and updates
· Has no advertisements
· Completely portable
· Scan schedules are not supported
· program isn’t as easy as using a similar software
· Driver packs are too large
Driver booster software searches and updates drivers for windows OS and comes in two versions- free and paid. The free version lets you update drivers with ease but can be full of ads. Pro version can save you the trouble of going through all those ads. Moreover, the paid version automatically updates all drivers, whereas, in the free version, you will have to click multiple times updating the drivers one-by-one.
· Inbuilt tools to fix PC errors such as network failure, bad resolution, and more.
· Performs a silent installation of drivers.
· Scans for outdated drivers
· Can manage multiple device drivers, including Dell, Intel, Samsung, etc.
· Unlimited driver downloads and updates
· Silent installation of drivers
· Automatic shutdown
· Enormous driver database and driver library to update a range of devices
· Occupies a lot of disk space
· Can’t work offline
· Driver download speed is slow
· Doesn’t automatically update drivers. You have to click multiple times for each device.
Driver easy is an impressive updater software that can be used for personal as well as commercial purposes. The program is compatible with Windows Operating Systems. It scans for issues in the drivers and makes appropriate fixes.
· Contains a huge database of drivers that the user can browse for.
· Comes with a search feature for drivers.
· It is quite impressive as the drivers are installed directly within the app.
· You can even backup and restore drivers and uninstall deleted hardware drivers.
· Available for both home and office.
· Huge driver database.
· Can scan for drivers while offline.
· Within the program, driver downloads are allowed.
· Many useful features are not free.
· Sometimes, it fails to detect some of the drivers.
· Bulk download can’t be done.
· Require the user to manually install drivers
Driver pack solution
Again one of the most popular and best driver updater software out there. It has a user interface that’s much easier to use than others. Supports automatic installations and bulk downloads, and that you don’t have to click through any installation wizards. In regular mode, you can automatically download and install all drivers. In expert mode, you can select which ones to update. Supported by Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP.
· Analyses BSoD
· Software recommendations from top vendors such as Microsoft, Opera, etc
· Works in Offline mode
· Inbuilt voice assistant
· Absolutely free
· Recommended software install
· High internet traffic
· Doesn’t support scheduled scans
Driver Genius is literally a genius software that comes with a huge database, consisting of motherboard drivers, video card drivers, sound card drivers, network drivers, mouse drivers, scanner/printer drivers, etc. Users may fix any no of issues in one click. You can find any number of drivers here. All drivers are packaged into one executable auto-installer.
· Single click update for all the drivers
· System Clean-up
· SSD Speeder
· two ways for driver recovery
· A lot of additional features
· Single click update in pro mode
· Inconvenient interface
· Limited download speed in free version
Driver Doctor is yet another program that has an incredibly easy-to-use interface. It runs as a regular program and is portable.
The program focuses on scanning for outdated, missing, and broken drivers. Its database keeps on growing, so you will be required to keep on updating the software.
· Supports Windows XP and above versions.
· We can schedule scans to check for outdated drivers, and if an update is found, you’ll be taken directly to a website to download it manually.
· No installation required to scan for outdated drivers.
· Scans the computer from an external hard drive.
· Drivers get downloaded from within the app.
· User-Friendly interface
· Scan for drivers can be scheduled
· Driver downloads are limited to one per day
· Unpaid mode doesn’t have all features
· Won’t automatically update the driver after the download
· Takes time to begin downloading drivers