Car accidents have become all too common with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reporting an estimated 6.3 million car crashes happening just last year. The figures were released as part of their annual Traffic Safety Facts. The sheer trauma, damages, and losses accrued in a car accident make it judicious to consult with the best car accident lawyer California.
Partial Fault in Vehicle Accidents: California is a comparative fault state. This means that you can collect compensation even if you were partly at fault for the accident. However, you should understand that the compensation amount will be reduced by a percentage that is equal to the share of your liability in the accident. By hiring the best car accident lawyer in California, you should be able to maximize your compensation amount. The best car accident lawyer California will work tirelessly and relentlessly to ensure that the liability allocated to you is accurate.
California Car Accident Laws: There is a wide range of car accident causes and types. Victims have options regardless of the circumstances of their car crash. You should speak with an attorney before you talk to any insurance adjuster. It’s fundamental to understand that insurance companies are seeking to minimize your compensation. They will do everything possible to misconstrue your statements.
California law provides two years from the date of the accident or discovery of injuries to file a claim. The sooner you work with the best car accident lawyer California, the sooner you can begin the process of receiving compensation.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident: While you cannot predict a car accident, you can always prepare for one. This is a checklist to follow in case you ever find yourself in a car accident.
- Stay calm: You should never flee the scene of the accident. Stay calm and ensure that everyone is alright. Do not admit fault.
- Safe location: Move your vehicle to the side of the road if possible and put on your emergency flashers.
- Call 911: Report your accident to the police even if the crash was minor and you don’t have visible injuries. This will serve as documentation for the accident.
- Exchange info: Swap insurance information, phone numbers, and names with other drivers.
- Fault: Make sure you don’t admit fault even when talking to the police. Stick to the facts as you know them without delivering your opinion. Describe the collision in as much detail as possible.
- Medical attention: You should seek medical attention even if you don’t see any visible injuries. Make sure you keep all follow-up appointments.
- Insurance: Report the accident to your insurance company. Try not to speak with the insurance adjuster of the at-fault party without consulting with an attorney first.
Contact an Experienced Car Crash Injury Lawyer: The attorneys at California Wrongful Death Lawyers are here to serve you. We will assess your case for free with no obligation. You can count on us to provide you with attentive and high-quality service. Call us today at 844-999-5342 or use our online form to speak with a dedicated lawyer.