When generating leads, one of the hardest tasks to accomplish is getting people to do that work. After all, the lead generation campaign is not exactly an intellectual activity. Whether we are dealing with buyers or sellers, they are all driven by their emotions. That is why the great B2B lead generators are those capable of controlling their emotions. This is a quality you should look for in the people you hire for the job. You may have a foolproof appointment scheduling process, but if you don’t have the skilled enough people to pull it off, then it won’t mean anything. So what should you look for in your appointment schedulers?
- An assertive attitude: Being shy at work is not a good sign of a marketer. This is even more obvious if the communication medium used is telemarketing. You need to find someone who can walk the fine line between passivity and aggressiveness. Too much of either spectrum is not good for your marketing campaign.
- Aware of your own actions: Self-awareness is also an important quality in your lead generation rep. Knowing how they feel during the course of their work, as well as using that knowledge to generate sales leads, helps make the campaign more successful in the end. Many marketers fail in this regard because they let their feelings take over.
- You know how to empathize: Empathy is also an important aspect of your campaign. Being able to put yourself in the shoes of your prospects is also an integral part of building a good relationship. If you are successful in doing so, then half your job is done appointment setters..
- You are able to solve problems: No matter what you throw at them, a good marketer would know how to deal with challenges. Prospecting B2B leads is one thing, but nurturing your leads, establishing a brand presence, as well as defending yourself against the actions of your competencies, are just some of the things that a good lead generation representative should be able to handle.
- You can stay positive regardless – let’s face it, telesales can be a very thankless job. Most likely, you will come across a lot of rejections during the campaign. Being able to stay positive despite all of this, as well as translating that into actions and words during your work, is a hallmark of an excellent marketer. This is something that you simply cannot ignore.