Technology is changing every single day, and so do technological devices. There isn’t anything that can substitute for the printer at present. Printers will be needed for a long time in order to satisfy the need for a hard copy of any image or document.
Brother printers are certainly one of the highest quality printers; however, this doesn’t mean they are without a glitch. There are times when you will encounter minor or major issues on your printer regardless of which model you are using. In the same way, Brother Printers are prone to printing issues and occasionally they might not print even. Do not worry as this guide will help you in resolving the problems why is my Brother Printer offline Windows 10?
Possible reasons why Brother Printers aren’t printing and the solutions
If the Brother printer doesn’t seem to be printing you, there may be many reasons for it. The first step is to determine the cause i.e. the issue that is preventing the printer to print. Once you have identified the issue it is possible to figure out the reason. Here I have laid out the probable causes of printing problems as well as the solutions to overcome them:
1. The Printing Device is Not Switched on
You might not be aware that you’ve not turned on the printer, and are trying to make it function. Therefore, your first task is to check that there isn’t any issue regarding the electricity source.
- Look for the LED light of your printer. If it’s working properly, then you are safe that your printer is receiving enough power. The printer is running in the event that its LED lights are flashing.
- When the light for error blinks or flashes, it’s caused by issues with the printer. Find the symbol of the error to determine the reason behind it.
- If there are no lights blinking after turning on the printer then check the power source and reconnect the power cable.
The second reason that the Brother printer will not print is when it’s offline. Each printer must be connected to the internet to be able to obtain prints out of it. In order to bring it online, you’ll have to make some changes to the settings to follow:
2. Printer is Offline
To enable printing, your printer from Brother must be set to default; otherwise, it won’t be able to print. It’s one of the most frequently made mistakes by the majority of you because of the fact that your printer from Brother won’t print. Here are the steps that must follow to set up the printer’s default settings:
- Navigate to the “Device and Printers’ tab by using the menu ‘Start.
- Next, right-click on the Brother printer and select ‘See what’s printing.
- Select the Printer option at the top, and a drop-down menu will open Uncheck the option ‘Use printer offline.
- Try printing documents using your Brother printer.
3. The printer is Not Set as Default
In order to be able to perform printing, your printer from Brother must be set to default, otherwise, it won’t be able to print. This is one of the most frequent mistakes made by the majority of you as a result of the fact that your printer from Brother won’t print. Here are the steps that must follow to set up your printer to default settings:
- Search the search box in the menu ‘Start’, select the ‘Devices & Printer’ section to open the printer on your device.
- Then, verify if the Brother printer is set to default.
- If it’s not the case, click right-click on your printer’s name, and then select the option “Set as default” in the drop-down menu.
4. Connectivity Issue
It could also be you have a Brother printer connected to Wi-Fi and still aren’t printing. If that occurs, make sure to check the following tips:
- Connectivity between printer and computer must be secure.
- You can try restarting the router. then restart your printer and computer in order to allow the devices to work properly.
- Check that both devices i.e. the printer and computer have the exact same access point and router.
- If the printer you are using and the router both have WPS, and both support the WPS feature, you may try connecting them with this WPS key.
- All cables used to establish the connection should be in good working order and should not be damaged or damaged.
5. The Printer is not Installed Properly
If your printer from Brother is working but it’s not printing, there’s a possibility there is a chance that installation for your Brother Printer wasn’t completed in the correct manner. To ensure that there’s no issue with the installation process, it is best to remove the printer, and then restore it. This is how to take out and then re-install to your printer from Brother:
Removing Brother Printer
- Visit the “Devices and Printers section of your computer by clicking on the Start menu.
- Right-click on the printer and then click on “Remove device”; your printer will be successfully removed.
Reinstalling Brother Printer
- Attach your printer and computer, and go to the “Devices and Printers section.
- Click on the ‘Add Printer on the right.
- Choose the type of printer i.e. Network, Local Network Wireless or Bluetooth Click Next’.
- Windows will begin searching for devices and printers that are in use.
- When the list of printers is displayed, click your Brother Printer, click ‘Add Device’.
6. The Printer Drivers are Outdated
Another reason that the printer of your Brother isn’t working is that the driver for printing has been outdated. To restore it you’ll need to install the most recent versions of drivers that are compatible with the model of your Brother printer. To do this, visit the official website and Driver Downloads page and input the model of your printer to download the most current driver. Once you’ve downloaded the driver, open the file and follow the steps to install it.
These are the solutions you could use if your Brother printer ceases to print.
Additional Troubleshooting for Brother Printer Issues
If you’re having issues with your printer, for instance, Brother Printer is not printing in black or other colors, you can try these quick solutions:
- Always use cartridges that are of high-quality and generic quality.
- The printer shouldn’t sit in a hot place, or else the ink will form a clot within the head of the printer.
- Print often to avoid obstruction of printing nozzles.
- Ink cartridges need to be set up correctly in a proper manner. The print head needs to be regularly cleaned.