How Dubai Made My New Year 2017 Awesome?AliceM January 27, 2017
During the mid-off 2016, we decided to go for an international tour for our New Year holidays. Though we had the funds, we wanted to plan the entire trip in advance. So, we opted for a place where we can enjoy the nightlife and also sit near to the beach and experience peace and love. We choose Dubai!
We had exactly 48 hours. What followed was a roller coaster ride and thought; this will be a good place to share my experience.
First, you need to know that the Dubai airport is 4-kms north-east of the actual city center and Metro is the best and preferred way to commute from the airport to save costs in the first place. Though, to cover all the major attractions, you need to rent a car in Dubai so that you can have ample time to de-stress and concentrate more on checking the amazing skyscrapers during the ride.
- We wanted to start our day by covering the top attractions in Dubai. So, after checking out at the hotel, we headed straight to the Dubai Creek to experience the whole city in itself.
- The creek departs from 3A Street and costs USD $50. We had a great time ferrying the backwaters.
- To opt for lunch, we went to Tom & Serg at the Al-Joud Center. It is a bright and urban café perfectly suitable for hangouts. The menu has some mouthwatering dishes including bagels, milkshakes, chai lattes, and other goodies.
- On the way, our car driver told us about Bu Qtair (9) on 4D Street. It is a shabby and rustic old-fashioned caravan overlooking the beaches. It is famous for its fresh fish curry served till midnight. We just loved it because the atmosphere adds to the taste of the fish.
- We wanted to do a little window shopping and also wanted to experience Burj Khalifa. We again opted to rent a car in Dubai and asked the driver to help us with the best and cost effective local shops. He said Street 8 is the best place to opt for window shopping.
- We followed the device and got some great stuff from Street 8. My wife bought Yemini Bedouin jewelry, Moorish Lamps, and pashminas. I got an authentic Arabian Dagger as a memorial of my holiday plan.
- We wanted to end our short trip with a bang. We opted for world’s famous Apéritifs and digestifs served by the Burj’s famous restaurant At.mosphere present on the level 122 of the restaurant.
- The lounge bar provides 360-degree panoramic views. The drinks are priced between USD 100 to 400.
- They use some amazing and unusual ingredients like aloe vera, truffles, and frankincense.
- As a tip, I will advise people to pay in advance and book your reservation. You need to pay USD 500 per person for a window seat.
- Though, we could not travel to the world’s first artificial island Al-Jumeirah due to time and budget constraints; we still had an amazing time.
- I will suggest you plan your holidays to Dubai during the winter season to experience the city like never before.
- I also observed that drivers of car rental companies can act as your free guide to help you enjoy your holiday.
About the Author
Alice Methew writer at amexuae.com loves pursuing excellence through writing and has a passion for different sites. Her work has been published on various sites related to Travel, Technology, Business, Management and much more!