Are you looking forward to getting a refund from Etihad Airways? Well, don’t worry, as your money is not going anywhere. Etihad Airways provides the best cancellation and refund policies to make its traveler’s life easy. Regarding refund, if you are worried about how long does it take to get Etihad refund? It depends on the original mode of payment. If you have made the payment by Cash/Cheque, it will take more time, and if the payment is made by credit card or debit card, it takes a few days. Now, let’s move further and check out the correct process to get a refund.
Procedure to cancel Etihad airways flight and get a refund
To get a refund for the flight, you don’t want to board; you can first cancel it and apply for the refund by going through the steps below.
- At first, go to the manage my booking option on the official website
- Then you have to retrieve your booking by entering the information required on the screen
- Now out of all the bookings, select the one you want to cancel and get a refund
- Hit the cancel/change button and follow the instructions to cancel the flight
- Now locate the refund request form on the refund page of the airline and click on it
- Fill in all the required details and hit submit button there
- The airline will review your refund request form, verify it, and if applicable, they will process the refund
- The refund takes 14-30 business days, depending on the original mode of payment. For debit/credit card, it is 14 days, and for Cash/Cheque, it is 30 days.
Although the airline initiates the refund on time, in case if you don’t get it, you can speak to the Etihad airways customer service. Also, make a note that as per the refund policy, if you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking, you get a full refund irrespective of ticket type. But once 24 hours pass, only the refundable tickets are eligible to get a refund with the deduction of the cancellation fee.