The Avast self-defense module is also known as the Avast self-Protection module. It is an inbuilt feature that comes along with the Antivirus. The protection module of this antivirus shields the antivirus from getting removed by malicious software. Whenever there is a removal request, the defense module gets activated. Following this, a dialog box appears and is constantly flashed to the users.
The basic idea of this dialog box is to confirm with the user to remove the protective shield. If it’s a malware activity, the user can click on No and let the shields be up. While this feature is amazing, there are times when certain difficulties arise. If you are facing one such issue and want to know about how to disable avast online security then this article is for you.
Steps to block avast self-defense module:
If you want to disable the avast shield, you can do so by completely disabling the Avast by turning off all the shields at once. This is a very useful feature if you have already tried testing with one shield enabling but have faced problems due to the process.
The following steps can be of use to you:
- First right-click on the Avast icon
- Click on the Avast user interface
- Now reach the settings tab
- Click the troubleshooting tab
- Unmark the Enable Avast Self Defense module and click on Ok
- Now the warning sign asking permission to disable the shield appear
- Click on the yes button to complete the process
Disable Avast By Turning Off Sheilds:
- Begin with a Right-click on the orange Avast icon that is placed on the taskbar and hover on the Avast shields control. Here, one can select the time frame to keep the shields blocked or block off the shields entirely.
- Once you have selected the time frame for which you will be blocked by avast self-defense you will come across a pop-up window seeking permission to confirm the changes you have made. Select Ok to finish the process.
- To confirm if the settings have been changed, left-click on the Avast icon to access the Avast user interface. Once you are here you can see that the shield has been turned off.
- However, if you want to resume the shields and keep the protection up select the resolve button to turn back the shields.
How To Turn off Avast:
Avast only allows a user to disable certain security concerns, but there are no menu or options that allow a user to completely exit the software. Even if one tries to end the Avast software in the Task Manager, an error appears.
This is primarily because Avast has developed a built-in self-protection system that prevents any malware from entering your system. Thus, there is no way one can close the Avast antivirus protection completely.
However, if this feature is disabled, then its possible to turn off Avast completely:
- On the Windows taskbar, left-click on the Avast icon to reach the Avast user interface. Click on the menu and then reach the settings from the drop-down list
- In the Settings menu, select the General option from the left panel and then select the Troubleshooting from the submenu option
- In this very window, it’s possible to deselect the Enable Self-Defense checkbox. This setting change turns off the Avast self-defense features and thus it becomes possible to kill the Avast task.
- Another dialogue box appears where a user has to confirm the changes by clicking OK
- Following this, right-click on the Windows taskbar and then select Task Manager to get into the Task Manager section
- Once there, select the Processes tab. Scroll below to the Avast Antivirus task, right-click on that and select End Task. Repeat the same process for all the other running tasks that begin with the word Avast.
- The tasks finally disappear without showing any dialog box or warning messages. Finally, the orange Avast icon is no longer shown on the Taskbar.
Use these simple steps to disable your Avast shield. All the best.