Lotus Notes (Also Called IBM Notes) is a popular and common email client application having IBM Notes and IBM Domino as the client & server, respectively. IBM Notes provides business collaboration like emails, calendars, commotion lists, contacts, etc. The Lotus Notes can be used with alternative Domino applications & Databases. It is essentially a desktop workflow application, which is used widely in a corporate environment for email & can also be used to access such as document libraries & custom applications. But, nowadays due to the market trends & numerous business requirements, the users are moving to Microsoft Outlook as MS Outlook provides an easy to use & user-friendly interface with easy data management and provides security also. To configure Lotus Notes documents into Outlook, you can refer to the below-mentioned write-up to solve your queries.
“Hi, I’m an IBM HCL user. Our company has a Domino server and the operator are operating Lotus Notes. But few of the users are not aware of Lotus Notes. Due to this, I need to know how to download IBM Lotus Notes into Outlook. I don’t know how to export NSF files. But I am also required to migrate all my data to Outlook including emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, etc. I need an automated solution to open and read emails from Lotus Notes NSF to PST.”
It is very important to understand the file extensions that both the email client applications support. The IBM Lotus Notes supports NSF files, which saves mailbox items. While MS Outlook supports PST file format.
What Are the Reasons to Switch Email from IBM Lotus Notes to Outlook?
There are multiple reasons due to which a lot of users are trying to know how to download IBM Lotus Notes into Outlook PST format.
- One of the common reasons could be the complex interface of Lotus Notes. Because of this reason, a non-tech user cannot use this application without technical help.
- Another issue for migration is the login functionality to complete different accounts. The user does not permit to open multiple accounts at the same time instead it needs a separate login to every account which is more time-consuming.
- Microsoft Outlook is designed by Microsoft Suits and it is freely available as a part of the MS Office suite. Faults with the Outlook application can be handled by a novice.
- Outlook is being synchronized with smart devices and users can easily open their mails anywhere at any time even without network connectivity. The user graphical interface of Microsoft Outlook seems to be much simpler than novice users can use it confidently.
Is there a Way to Move Lotus Notes to Outlook Manually?
It is not at all a tricky task to configure the Lotus Notes to Outlook. There are step-by-step manual instructions that will help you with the Export/Import procedure. Follow the step below mentioned guides.
Before starting the migration, it’s necessary to take back up of original NSF file. There are risks that the original file gets spoiled during the migration procedure. The entire conversion procedure can be considered into two steps.
1. Export Lotus Notes NSF Files
2. Import to MS Outlook
Step 1. In the first part of this procedure, you need to export Lotus Notes NSF Files
- Download Lotus Notes application on your PC
- Access the NSF database file on your system
- Press the open button present on the top left-hand side of IBM Notes software
- Choose the NSF files you want to open
- Then click on Menu, go to file option, and click on an export option from the menu
- On the Export Wizard, choose a location for the new file. Click Save as and choose either Common Separated Value or Structured Text.
- Text a name for this file, and then click the Export option
- If you select CSV, the dialog box pops up, choose the necessary options from the same, and Click OK
- Or, if you choose Structured Text, the dialog box pops up, and select the options and click Ok
Step 2. Now you want to import data to Outlook, which is the second part of this process. You need to follow the steps shown below:-
- Open Microsoft Outlook Application on your machine
- Click on File Menu and then open
- From the Import/Export panel, select Import from another program or files option. Then Click Next.
- After that select the format to import from. Then choose Common Separated Value and click next
- Browse the file in your machine and choose it and then click on the Next Button
- Now choose the destination folder where you want to import the CSV file. Click Next
- Now the procedure will be started and it will be finished within a few seconds. Finally, click Finished
- Now you can effectively open Lotus Notes Archive into the MS Outlook application
Limitations of Manual Method
There are few disadvantages in this manual method to configure Notes documents into Outlook. With this solution, it is sometimes possible that some of the mails get lost. This method is a bit lengthy and time-consuming. Also, the method is quite confusing for non-technical users. In a way, if IBM Notes emails are encrypted then it may fail to open Lotus Notes email from Outlook. Through this process, users cannot convert calendars, journals, tasks, etc. But if you want to know how to download IBM Lotus Notes into Outlook, you can go for a third-party tool i.e. NSF to PST Converter.
Expertise Solution of How to Download IBM Lotus Notes into Outlook
As there as drawbacks of the above manual solution, there is an expert and perfect solution that can easily import Lotus Notes Archive into Outlook in a short time with the help of CubexSoft NSF Converter. With this software, one can easily migrate any number of files size without any data loss. The Utility also permits users to open Notes emails, calendars, journals, contacts, etc. & other mailbox items in Outlook. It was workable on all the latest versions of Notes, Domino Server, MS Outlook, MS Exchange Server & Windows OS.
In the above-explained post, we have understood how to download IBM Lotus Notes into Outlook. We have also explained the manual method to configure NSF emails. But as many users find this task lengthy so in this write-up, I have also discussed a professional solution like Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter that can easily import all data items in Outlook. This tool offers an effortless migration of numbers of emails from IBM Notes without any data loss.
You May Also, Like: https://www.blogandjournal.com/view-mac-mail-mbox-files-on-windows/