Modern farming machinery revolutionised the whole farming industry. As a result, almost all the farming operations are now done by the machine from ploughing to sowing the seeds and harvesting the well-grown crop. Farmers get the best quality of yield in a shallow expanse as compared to the labour work. Farming becomes more productive due to these technological enhancements as advanced features in tractors and other farming equipment.
With the latest technological enhancements in farming equipment and planting techniques, there is no reason why your crops will not yield success in the farming business. New Holland Tractor and other farming equipment are considered the best for your farming needs. When you depend on production to support your bottom line, you should be taking advantage of the below tips to maintain crop sustainability.
How can a good quality seed affect crop production :
Here are some important included in the selection of seeds,
- Seed is a significant input in crop production:-
- It is one of the cheapest inputs in crop production and the key to agriculture progress.
- Crop status hugely depends on the material used for sowing the seeds.
- With the response of other inputs in crop production depends on seed material used.
- The seed required for raising crops is quite small, and its cost is so less compared to other inputs in farming.
- This mostly emphasizes the need for increasing the areas under quality seed production.
- It is estimated that good quality seeds to improved varieties can contribute about 20-25% increase in yield.
- Plant early: If we look back on previous seasons, you will know a proper crop plan for planting. The only reason behind this is that you’ll learn from previous failures and make improvements in the new season. Before anything else, you need to perform a soil test because your soil condition will directly influence your crops’ growth. Once you’ve analysed it, now you’ll be able to start planting.
- Practice soil rotation in every season: Each crop or plant needs different soil conditions. It would be best if you practised the soil rotation each season. More often, when you plant the same crops in the same area, you’re limiting the crop yield year after year. Planting the crop alternatingly in the same soil can also help to diversify the demands in the soil.
- Potentially Know your seed: When planning your planting strategy, you cannot plant something and hope for the best output. This could most probably be the negative start to the season and affect your entire harvest of the year. Make sure your seeds are the best in quality too. When you understand these important tips, you will definitely grab your expectations. It will give you a clear idea of what the result could be for your production.
- Always scout the land: While the drone technology is certainly helpful in getting to know your farm, take the proper time to scout your fields by foot. This will give you a chance to evaluate your soil and monitor any weed conditions that could be harmful to your crops. Without physically looking into your field and touching the ground, you might be missing the red flags along with the way.
- Ensure proper water drainage: As you know, water management is one of the essential elements of crop survival and crop success. While climate is uncertain, you need to have an irrigation system that can provide your crops with the right amount of water and a drainage system to properly drain any excess water. Ensure your systems do not over-water your crops because this can lead to water clogging, mud build-up in your soil.
- Make proper use of fertilisers: As part of the farming process, soil cultivation is important to maintaining optimal soil conditions for your crops. Water helps crops grow your soil, which requires all the nutrients such as potassium, phosphorus, and calcium, which help increase growth. This process might be time-consuming without a fertiliser spreader, so ensure you have the correct equipment on hand to make the spreading technique easier for you and more efficient in the process.
- Weed early and often: If you notice, your crops start to become captured by weeds. Firstly make a plan to remove them before things get out of hand. You will be able to pick up weed clues when you scout out your fields beforehand.
Hope this blog gave you information about what you are looking for. For more information regarding farming and New Holland Tractors, you can stay tuned with us.