The connection between a wireless Canon printer and a controlling device is established through a shared connection or WiFi. Therefore, it is crucial to put the printer on the same WiFi network as your computer.
WPS Connection – To Connect Canon Printer with Wireless Network
- Firstly, press the power button on the printer to turn it ‘ON’. Switch on your WiFi router through WPS Button as well.
- After that, go to the Home from the touch screen and press the Hold WiFi button on the printer.
- Next, select the LAN Wireless set-up option and press OK. At this moment, your printer searches for the access point of your wireless network.
- Choose your WiFi Network that is named Canon in your router setting.
- After that, press on the WiFi access point, which asks for a passphrase or WPA Key. Now, enter your WiFi password and then press the OK button.
- Now, the Canon printer and the router automatically makes a connection at the given point.
- When the wireless connection has been set up, the power and the WiFi light will stop blinking. Instead, they continuously remain lit after the connection.
How you can Connect Canon Wireless Printer to your Mac
- By following these steps mentioned below, you can set up a Canon wireless printer on Mac
- Firstly, turn on your Mac device and Canon Printer.
- Then, connect the Canon printer to the wireless network by following the steps discussed in the first section of this write-up.
- Then, go to the Canon website to download the driver. Now complete the driver installation process.
- Then, click on the Apple menu and click System and then Preference.
- After that, you have to click on the plus sign to add the printer.
- Once your printer gets added, you can see the name of the printer on the left side of your screen.
- Finally, your Canon wireless printer is successfully connected to your Mac.
Therefore, if you are wondering how do i setup my canon printer wirelessly ,then you can follow the steps mentioned below.