Intuit Data Protect (IDP) is a highly reliable subscription-based service offered by Intuit to QB Desktop users. This technical service is actually designed to create automatic backups of QB files & folders on the online server every day. Furthermore, users can even ensure the complete backup of all the data in their systems (including QB data) through this service.
Nevertheless, many errors can prevent the successful utilization of the IDP service on the computer & these errors are collectively called ‘Intuit Data Protect Errors’. Generally, these technical errors affect the backup process due to firewall & other security application-related issues.
This blog will provide a fully authentic technical analysis of these errors along with correct troubleshooting methods.
If you want suitable assistance to overcome ‘Intuit Data Protect Errors’, you need to dial +1-855-738-2784 to contact our QB Professionals Team.
Some Common Examples of Intuit Data Protect Error Messages
The major points given here explain different types of Intuit Data Protect Error Messages:
- Error Message 305: Backup Process Interrupted
- Intuit Data Protect Error 2229: Backup Failure Informed to User Through Email Notification
- IDP Automatic Backup Process Failed On The System
- Scheduled Backup Not Successful in IDP
- Backend Error Message 8991 in Intuit Data Protect
- Intuit Data Protect Icon Missing On The Desktop Screen
Recommeded to Read:- Why my Intuit Data Protect has stopped working?
Relevant Reasons Behind ‘Intuit Data Protect Technical Errors’
Experts have listed the following appropriate reasons behind ‘Intuit Data Protect Technical Errors’:
- The restriction enforced by the Windows firewall on the execution of the IDP service on the system can trigger many error messages.
- Not ensuring that Intuit and other relevant websites are accorded due exemption within web browser settings can evoke major problems.
- An inactive or damaged IDP service activation on the system.
- Not logging into Windows with admin rights while trying to operate the IDP service can evoke technical issues.
Accurate Methods to Tackle ‘Intuit Data Protect Not Functioning Errors’
The ‘Intuit Data Protect Not Functioning Errors’ can be tackled using various methods given here:
Method 1: Provide complete exemption to ‘Intuit Data Protect’ files within the ‘Windows Firewall’ settings
- Open the ‘Control Panel’ window & click the ‘Windows Firewall’ icon, after which you will move forward to strike the ‘Allow an app through Windows Firewall’ option.
- Next, choose the ‘Allow another app’ option and utilize the ‘Browse’ menu to reach the IDP installation folder within the ‘C: drive’.
- Now, easily select the ‘QBIDPservice.exe’ file’s icon & mark the ‘Private’ checkbox, following which you must tap the ‘Add’ button on the screen.
- Thereafter, the above step must be carried out for two more files (‘IBUenghost.exe’ & ‘IntuitDataProtect.exe’), following which you can run the IDP service very easily.
Method 2: Correctly utilize the QB application window to acquire fresh ‘Intuit Data Protect’ updates on the system
- After properly launching the QB window, you will select the ‘Help’ menu, following which you shall effectively strike the ‘Update QuickBooks’ icon.
- Next, seamlessly utilize the ‘Update Now’ menu to choose the ‘Data Protect’ icon, following which all the fresh IDP updates can be acquired using the ‘Get Updates’ button.
- At this point, right-click the IDP icon present on the toolbar & utilize the ‘About Intuit Data Protect’ option to strike the ‘Update’ icon, following which all the IDP updates will be installed.
- Finally, you can accurately use the IDP service to generate a backup copy of all your essential data.
You have finally covered the best guide to rectify ‘Intuit Data Protect Errors’. If you want more help, you can dial +1-855-738-2784 to contact our QB Experts Team.
Read More:- Why I’m Facing QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error