Bed bugs are known as the silent killers that feed on human blood which sounds insane. They are tiny and nasty creatures that are hard to detect. Bed bugs generally hide under mattresses, underneath the wooden furniture, under the bed frame corners, etc. They are hard to see by the naked eye or anyone cannot know or spot them until they don’t start biting.
Well, there are many bed bug symptoms you can look out for to know your house needs pest control services urgently. Readout the following signs of bedbug existence down below –
1. Bed Bug Bites
- Do you know that bed bugs are great at hiding and you have to live with them without even seeing a single bug inside your house?
- These bugs are very difficult to see and you can’t even see them even under your mattresses until they start biting, yes this is the alert sign by them.
- If you have bed bugs hidden under your mattresses or bed corners then every night you will face difficulty while sleeping and in the morning you will find red itchy skin all over your back and neck.
- These types of bites upon your body have confronted the bug existence inside your house.
- Bed bug’s bites are the same as mosquito bites as these can be confused with mosquito or other insects bites.
2. Bed Bugs Blood Stain
- Bed bugs are the bloodsucker so, of course, they will try to suck your blood which most probably left some stain on the clothes as well.
- This is the most obvious sign you need to look to just know you have bed bugs hidden under your bed or not.
- Look for the bloodstains on your bed sheet, these red stains generally occur when you are sleeping and unknowingly crush a bedbug with undigested blood mean in the process.
- However, it’s still not the confirmed sign of the presence of bed bugs as the bloodstains and bites can be the result of a mosquito bite as well.
3. Unpleasant smell
- A solid, unpleasant smell like that of a wet towel is another common bed bug sign.
- These bloodsuckers discharge pheromones and when it turns into extensive numbers, the odor gets very solid.
4. Bedbug Eggs and Empty Eggshells
- The color of bed bugs eggs are either pearly white or they are translucent when first laid and these are coated in a shiny film to help them stick to surfaces.
- Empty eggshells look exactly like the live ones but are less shiny and also a bit deflated. It is the best way to get the eggs detected.
- This means if you have bed bug infestation then there will be lots of eggs which you will find mostly on fabric or rough surfaces.
- So look out for empty eggshells that may exist in your wooden bed frame, mattresses, and all.
If any of these signs match with your problems then, your home is surely invaded by these bloodsuckers. And, you should take immediate action to get rid of these creatures. You can use an organic method for bed bug control or you can call a reliable professional for pest control services and termite treatment to get rid of these creatures immediately.