Quick Tips for Getting the Best marks in Each Section of PTE ExamDarshan October 13, 2020
In the current era, examinations such as IELTS and TOEFL are known to all. Giving both of them a tough competition Pearson Test of English (PTE) is emerging at its own pace and gaining popularity as a reputable and effective examination of English proficiency. The evaluation and assessment of speaking, writing, reading, and listening skills are done by PTE. The GMGC which is the owner of the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) has been endorsing PTE. To conquer the exam you certainly require some guidance. So, we have come up with proven PTE exam tips to increase your chance of getting a higher score in the exam.
One unique feature of PTE is that they deliver results to their students at a period of 5 working days. On the other hand, examinations such as IELTS and TOEFL deliver their results in 13 to 15 working days. PTE is a computer-oriented examination which is gaining popularity worldwide and also helping students in the acquirement of visas
Although, there are numbers of articles available online on PTE exam tips, which you can refer to gain knowledge about the exam. But, is quite important to see whether the PTE exam tips provided in those articles are worth following.
Here, are some of the essential PTE exam tips that help a student to score well in each section
- In the PTE writing skill activity of PTE, always use correct punctuation marks (like full stops, commas, capital letters, etc) wherever required. While solving the summarizing section always answer within 5 to 75words. The words below 5 and more than 75 will not be evaluated or marked.
- When you start writing the essay topic focus on the main points. Do not write the necessary points and make it boring for the examiner to read it fully. Always maintain the word limit between 200 to 300 words.
- While the PTE speaking activity makes sure you go on speaking continuously. The microphone used for recording your speech stops recording if you remain quiet for 3 seconds. For the Speaking section, 10 to 40 seconds is given in which you should fully utilize that time and answer the question properly.
- While solving the speaking section you should always incorporate all the vital points in a short time period. Always highlight the important words and phrases and make use of most complex and compound sentences.
The other Two PTE exam tips for the Reading and Listening section
- While reading the passage in the PTE reading skill activity always use techniques such as using text boxes for different tasks. This makes you get an idea of the context of the passage and you will eventually understand the main idea of the text.
- Practice and improve your vocabulary and grammatical skills which enable you to solve all the sections, especially the reading skill with ease.
- While PTE listening to the listening section of the PTE exam always note down not only the main idea but also the supporting matter which will enable you to answer the questions more appropriately which will yield you the best marks in this section.
- While giving the PTE academic examination always have time for proofreading your answer sheet. You should always check for spelling errors and grammatical mistakes in your answer sheet.
- Practice makes a man perfect. The same logic applies here for the PTE exam. The more you practice, the higher the chance of succeeding. So, in order to practice, you can choose a well-developed PTE mock test online for the practice.