The world of fashion has a lot to offer. Fashion trends keep bombarding us every day. We can conclude that yearly, tones of fashion ideas are coined for the consumer. These ideas may be inspirations from musicians, films, and any other aspect that humans have ever thought of. Nonetheless, nothing has rocked the fashion world like streetwear collections. This article will be answering the following 4Ws about streetwear.
- What is streetwear?
- What should you consider when choosing streetwear?
- Where can you shop for streetwear?
- What types of outfits are included in streetwear?
What is streetwear?
Streetwear is a perfect combination of casual wear that has been grown and maintained by pop culture. The majority agree that this type of fashion identity traces its roots down the New York streets and Los Angeles. Today this trend has spread globally. Well, gone are the days when streetwear was regarded as ‘lazy outfits’ perfect for lazy Sundays. Today streetwear encompasses wide dimensions suitable not only for lounging at home but also rocking the suburbs. We can say that you can even do it as your 365 day- wear if you love to.
This fashion has also been seen as an influence by musicians and athletes. It is no wonder that you will get most of the athletic wear for women doubling as streetwear. Athleisure fans are embracing it. These outfits are suitable for all seasons, size-inclusive, and cut across cultural borders.
Just like other wears, choosing streetwear requires strategy and a keen eye for pairing and matching.
What should you consider when choosing streetwear?
- Consider fabrics: There are no hard and fast rules about the choice of fabrics. This means that you can go for fabrics that make you comfortable at that given moment. You may select from cotton, spandex, polypropylene, or Lycra. If your streetwear also serves as your sports gear then put in mind selecting from breathable and sweat-wicking fabrics.
- Consider the change of seasons: streetwear is suitable for all seasons. However, you may choose to go light during summer which is ‘cool’, and opt for layering during cold seasons.
- Consider your style: streetwear offers a wide range of opportunities to stick to your fashion sense. You can therefore choose to incorporate colors, patterns, and designs you love. You can also extend uniqueness by choosing customized pieces. This can be a source of inspiration.
- Accessorizing: Adding accessories to your streetwear will boost your glam look. Today you can experiment with different textures of accessories that are sure to match your street outfit. These include gold, silver, rubber, plastic, leather, and silicone.
Where can one get streetwear outfits?
Shopping for streetwear outfits is not limited to retail shops or big brand names. Today you can get these pieces in many online stores and websites. Most stores that deal with sports outfits such as athletic wear for women integrate amazing streetwear designs. You can check online websites such as ggfiona.com. They have amazing collections of both street and athletic outfits that you will be in love with.
What types of outfits can you include as your streetwear?
As earlier mentioned you are going to get dozens of ideas that you may select as part of your streetwear. These include:
- Shorts: You will fall in love with the different designs of streetwear shorts for women. This is because there are varieties of textures to choose from. The most common one is the denim shorts which spell street in every letter. You can also have biker shorts or even pleated shorts perfect for the street look. When paired with tees, tank tops, and sneakers that classy look is no less than amazing.
- Leggings: They can be selected from athletic wear for women that double as streetwear. Today you can get nice matching sets of a racerback bra, long sleeves crop tops with leggings that create an amazing street look. Furthermore, leggings are available in a variety of colors, prints, and patterns.
- Tees: They are budget-friendly and easy to wear. Nothing speaks ‘street’ as tees. Today due to dozens of additions such as colors, prints, and patterns; there is something for everyone. Bright-colored tees are perfect for summer vibes. They can also be layered with jackets, cardigans, scarves, and coats during winter. You can pair your tees with denim dungarees, streetwear shorts for women, or leggings.
Along with the above, you may also include the following outfits as part of your streetwear gear:
- Tank tops
- Crop tops
- Sweat pants
- Tennis skirts
Therefore you don’t fall short of outfits to include in your streetwear collection.