Protein shakes, meal replacement powders, and snacks are all the rage in the wellness industry. Mainly used to reduce calorie intake, new variations and flavors are coming up every day. If consumed correctly, the addition of a shake can boost your health. From weight loss to satisfy cravings, they improve your overall wellness. That’s where Shakelogy comes into the picture. In this article, you will learn 5 alternatives to shakeology and much more about it.
The majority of fitness-freaks and gym-freaks will already know what Shakeology is. The popularly used protein shake, Shakeology, created by the individuals at Beachbody Fitness, is every gym lover’s nutrition shake. It is a superfood nutrient-dense protein shake that has varying flavors from vanilla to chocolate to Greenberry.
Shakeology shakes contain various ingredients that supply phytonutrients, enzymes, fiber, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, prebiotics, probiotics, and adaptogens. This combination of ingredients and nutrients is as complex as a human body’s needs. Quoted directly from their website, Shakeology “can help support healthy energy, curb junk-food cravings, and support digestive health, all to help you lose weight.” However, the Shakeology website also states that when a person starts their day with a healthy foundation, they are able to build a meaningful life.
So, here’s why you need an alternative to Shakeology-
Why do you need an alternative to Shakeology?
Users need to understand that changing their choice of nutrition shake is a big decision. Even if the decision is to switch to a different flavor of the same brand, there are steps that you need to follow. Understanding why you need to change is an essential aspect of changing nutrition shakes. There are numerous reasons why users will feel the need to change their choice. Some of the reasons are listed below:
- We agree that Shakeology is expensive to use. Switching to an alternative of Shakeology is entirely understandable. There are several alternatives to Shakeology. These alternatives are as good as the original Shakeology shakes.
- A variety of shakes available in the market are standard. A user needs to choose from the select flavors that a particular brand offers. Moreover, you will sometimes like a specific flavor from a brand and another flavor from a different brand.
- Many brands also offer the option to customize your shake. This proves an even more expensive option when compared to the primary Shakeology shakes.
- You may be allergic to certain contents in a shake. In addition, you can encounter this problem in all the shakes that you’ll experience in the market. It is better to choose wisely than regret later on.
Shakeology, the nutritional addition to the Beachbody Fitness program, provides a wide range of benefits, but it is a bit pricey, which puts off most people. The reason they give for their expensive shakes is that the company invests a lot of time in creating, testing, and vetting their ingredients as well as suppliers. The company website states that some products have hundreds and thousands of hours invested in them. Here is a list of the best Shakeology Alternatives. Let us know what your experiences are.
1. GARDEN OF LIFE RAW ORGANIC MEAL
The Garden of Life Raw Meal is a Raw Organic Meal replacement in the liquid form. At 1.46$ per serving, this protein shake powder is more affordable than most organic meal replacement shakes and powders. It is a condensed and nutrient-filled alternative to Shakeology, likewise the company states that the sole purpose of Garden of Life is to empower its consumers with the tools necessary to achieve excellent health.
Each serving of the Raw Organic Meal replacement from Garden of Life contains 20 grams of protein, 7 grams of fiber, 21 vitamins, and minerals, as well as probiotics, enzymes, super greens, and healthy fats.
Garden of Life Organic Meal comes with over 20 vitamins and minerals, and it is a non-GMO product. Usually used for post-workout recovery, it provides 20 plant-based proteins making it a perfect vegan option. And, it has a probiotic blend and a superfood blend containing 44 elements, including fruits and veggies.
- Entirely plant-based meal replacement.
- One Scoop of Garden of Life’s Raw Organic meal has 20 grams of protein.
- Includes probiotic and enzyme blends in the ingredients.
- Each serving contains 110 calories. This is low to be considered as a meal replacement option.
- Some customers experienced bloating, headaches, vomiting, and gas
- The meal replacement powder is also known to induce muscle cramps in some users.
Ingredients: Protein derived from Sprouted Brown rice, Organic Pea, Spinach, Chia, broccoli(stalk & flower), Navy Bean (sprout), Alfalfa Grass Juice, and much more.
Flavors: Vanilla, Chocolate, Lightly Sweetened, Vanilla Spiced Chai, Chocolate Cacao
Price: Average price of 36.38$ for 20 servings
2. VEGA PROTEINS AND GREENS
Non-vegans create a continuous presumption that those who don’t eat meat or dairy do not get adequate protein in their diets. Vega Proteins and Greens aim to change that assumption.
Vega Proteins and Greens is a clean, plant-based nutrition brand. The company aims to provide effective and nutrient-packed powders and snacks without the use of animal-based proteins. Vega Proteins’ powders and snacks boast a high protein, vitamin, and mineral profile to meet your overall goals during your workout.
At 0.91$, it is the most low-priced item on this list. Also a non-GMO product, it provides vegan proteins, including pea protein and brown rice protein. Made with green vegetables, it is a keto-friendly option to Shakeology. Vega Proteins and Greens is a healthy option with no added sugar and only 120 calories per serving. If you are ever on the verge of cleaning up your diet and introducing some plant-based proteins in your daily diet, we suggest you go with Vega Proteins and Greens. The only setback to Vega Proteins is that they only ship in the United States and Canada.
Vega Proteins has protein powders and meal replacement powders derived from Pea, Brown Rice, Spinach powder, Kale powder, Papain powder, Sacha inchi powder, Xanthan gum, Stevia leaf extract, Alfalfa Grass Powder.
- Vega Protein has eight different flavors to choose from
- The company offers the option to return a product even after it is opened.
- Vega Protein is easily accessible with its products available in 20,000+ stores.
- The company provides multiple ways to save on a particular product.
- Vega protein offers shipping only in the United States and Canada.
Flavors: Vanilla, Chocolate, Chocolate + Vanilla, Berry, Coconut Almond
Price: Average price of 40.04$ for 25 servings
3. SOYLENT COMPLETE MEAL
Soylent has enjoyed immense popularity in recent years. But the company was also dragged in a recent string of controversy surrounding the health benefits of the meal replacement brand. Mainly used to lose weight, the Soylent meal can be consumed as a meal replacement shake majorly consisting soy proteins. The Soylent brand and company revolves around the idea that one can make nutrition cost-effective, simple, and comprehensive.
It is a pricier vegan option that is packed with essential vitamins and minerals. With over 20 plant-based proteins, it has the significant benefit of having low GI carbohydrates, the perfect slow energy release required for everyday activities.
- High protein, low-calorie choice (120kcal)
- Lots of tasty flavors are available
- Formula designed for weight loss
- Very prosperous in nutritional vitamins and minerals
- Always splendid reductions available
- Less herbal than Shakeology
- A bit expensive than Shakeology
- Soylent includes some unhealthy ingredients.
- Some ingredients are also harmful to the human body if taken in excess.
- The FDA does not regulate soylent formulation.
Ingredients: Soy protein isolate, maltodextrin, high oleic sunflower oil, allulose, vitamin and mineral premix, canola oil, iodine, vitamin K, vitamin D2, vitamin B6, Folic acid, Chromium, and much more. (taken directly from Amazon from product information)
Flavors: Original, Vanilla, Banana, Cafe Mocha, Cafe Chai, Creamy Chocolate
Price: An average price of 46.36$ for 12 servings
Another superfood blend, the IdealShake, is at 1.67$ per serving with 12 grams of proteins and only 110 calories per serving with over 22 essential vitamins and minerals, it contains an ample amount of fiber content. It promotes lean muscle mass with fat-burning ingredients like whey protein. Even with the healthy feature of only 1 gm of sugar, it is available in many tasty flavors.
- The IdealShake meal replacement contains only two grams of sugar.
- The powder blocks hunger.
- It also helps to control appetite.
- IdealShake contains sucralose, which is an artificial sweetener.
- The meal replacement is also known to cause bloating, gas, and diarrhea in some cases.
Ingredients: Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Isomalto-oligosaccharide, Potato Protein Extract),Sunflower Oil Creamer, Cocoa Powder, Vitamin C, Sucralose, Vitamin E, and much more.
Flavors: Vanilla, Chocolate, Chocolate Cream, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Strawberry
Price: Average price of 49.80$ for 30 servings
5. ORGAIN ORGANIC PROTEIN POWDER
It has over 20 organic plant-based proteins (pea, brown rice, chia seeds) and 2 grams of organic dietary fiber, and 0g of added sugar. It also contains one organic plant-based vanilla bean protein powder. As an added benefit, Orgain uses only USDA organic certified vegetables and sprouts and no artificial ingredients. One of the advantages of ready-to-drink shakes (RTDs) is that they are smoother, have an expanded texture and style over their powder counterparts. In this case, Orgain’s shake will provide you with all the goodness you need in four scrumptious flavors (Creamy Chocolate is the best).
Plus, nutritionally, Orgain solely uses the very best fine ingredients: USDA natural licensed greens and sprouts. This shake additionally uses grass-fed natural whey protein; however, they also promote a vegan version.
- Only 250kcal per shake, 16g of protein
- USDA organic, gluten-free, soy-free
- Pack with micronutrients and antioxidants to guide weight loss
- Super prosperous in nutrients
- Ultra-smooth and delicious – four flavors to pick from
- More low-cost than Shakeology
- Users will need to subscribe to their plans for fair prices.
- Only shipped in the US.
Ingredients: Protein derived from Brown Rice Protein, Chia Seed, Acacia Gum, Organic High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Organic Inulin, and much more.
Flavors: Natural, Vanilla, Chocolate, Pumpkin Spice
Price: Average price of 28.24$
There are various factors to consider when choosing a protein shake or a meal replacement option. However, nothing compares to viewing actual fruits and vegetables. There are many cost-effective natural shakes you can make at home with some fruits and veggies.
There is an added benefit of knowing what goes into your body when consuming it. So if you are planning to try out any one of these options provided, please remember that although they are advised, you should never use these products to substitute for a meal.