Cancellation and Refund Guidelines
Canceling a ticket can be very challenging and time taking. Therefore, Alaska Airlines gives online access to the flyers to apply for quick and risk-free flight cancellations. After canceling a ticket, one can claim a refund by filing an online refund request form on the official site.
What is the 24-hour Alaska Airlines cancellation policy?
According to the Alaska Airlines cancellation policy of 24-hours, a flyer can cancel a booking within 24 hours of the purchase. No extra fee is required for canceling a ticket within the grace period. The airline provides full flexibility to change or cancel a booking anytime before departure and fulfill the travel requirements.
How to cancel a flight reservation on Alaska Airlines?
You can cancel a flight ticket before the scheduled flight departure within a few clicks. With the help of the “Manage Trip” feature, anyone can cancel a ticket online on their smartphone.
Here are the steps that you need to follow while canceling a flight reservation online
- Go to the Alaska Airlines official site and log into your account.
- Click on the Manage Trip tab.
- Enter your last name and flight booking number on the required fields.
- Hit the Continue button.
- Choose the flight you want to cancel
- Review the changes and click on the “Cancel Flight” button.
- After canceling the flight, go to the payment page. If you are not eligible for a full refund, the page will show you the cancellation charges to pay.
- In the last step, you will receive a confirmation mail regarding your canceled Alaska Airlines manage booking.
Alaska Airlines cancellation policy in response to Covid-19
- With the revised Alaska Airlines cancellation policy, there will be no cancellation charges for tickets purchased between February 27, 2020, and April 30, 2021.
- You can cancel the Saver fares for free if booked between February 27, 2020, and April 30, 2021. Moreover, the airline will transfer the refund as a travel credit or a credit certificate for future trips.
- No cancellation charges shall apply towards Main Cabin and First Class fares.
- Flyers can’t cancel saver fares after the 24-hour flight cancellation window.
How to get a ticket refund from Alaska Airlines?
If you have bought a refundable ticket, you can request a full refund after canceling it for free. Once you cancel the booking with the help of the Alaska Airlines manage booking feature, you can simultaneously apply for a refund. You have two options: fill an online refund request application or speak with the executive for the same.
If your flight ticket falls under any one of the categories, you cannot claim a refund on Alaska Airlines
- You have made an Alaska Airlines booking from a third party.
- It belongs to Saver fares
- Group or vacation bookings
- Unaccompanied minor flight reservations on partner airlines of Alaska
- Using currency other than U.S. dollars
- Government fares
- Tickets older than a year from the original booking date