Best Car Accident Lawyer in Californiadsmith December 29, 2020
Navigating through interstates in California such as the 405, 101, 10, 15, and more, creates a huge potential for car accidents. Traveling on a commute—more often than not—you are in bumper to bumper traffic with many drivers drive distracted. Not to mention motorcycles that are constantly dodging in and out of traffic and hundreds of pedestrians and bicyclist roam the streets downtown.
Car accidents can happen in a split second, with the potential to cause major damage. Though many accidents are preventable, most happen because of distracted drivers. In the world of smartphones, texting, and GPS, and more, attention to the road is sometimes the last thing on a driver’s mind. Car accidents can cause life-threatening injuries and create a huge financial burden in your life. If you were in an accident, call Walch Law has some of the best car accident lawyer California. We have the expertise and resources that you need to win your case!
What if I am partially to blame for my car accident?
Understanding blame and liability for a car accident can be hard. Connecting with some of the best car accident lawyers in California at Walch Law can help you better understand the different negligence doctrines that might apply to your case. Comparative negligence may apply to your car accident case and refers to a percentage of a victim’s fault in the accident. Call our office today to learn about one or more of the following:
- Pure Comparative Fault: This holds both the victim and the at-fault party responsible for damages caused by the accident. A victim can be 99% responsible for the accident and still recover some compensation.
- Contributory Negligence: In some states if the victim contributed to the accident at all—even 1%–they are not able to receive any form of compensation. While this law is not applicable in California, you may want to be familiar with it if you are from out-of-state.
- Several Liabilities: This allows a victim in a car accident to recover compensation from more than one at-fault party. Each at-fault party will pay a percentage of the compensation awarded to the victim(s).
Call us today to learn more! We know that the legal jargon can be difficult to process, especially when you are trying to recover from an accident. We will do the hard work so that you can focus on your recover!
5 steps to take after getting into a car accident
- Stay Calm and get to a safe location. If possible, move disabled vehicles to the side of the road and make sure everyone around you is okay. Turn the hazard lights on in your car to prevent further accidents.
- Call 911 and seek medical attention. 911 will dispatch local law enforcement and medical personnel to help at the scene. Even if you don’t have physical injuries, you should still be examined by a professional.
- Collect information. It is important to exchange information with all other drivers involved in the accident. Get their name, insurance information, phone numbers, car make and model, and license plate number. Take pictures of the scene, note weather conditions, and the time of day that the incident occurred.
- Report your accident to your insurance. Many insurance companies have a time limit regarding when you can report an accident. Call as soon as you can to report the accident, but do not give them any more information than necessary.
- Call Walch Law. We have some of the best car accident lawyers in California and will stop at nothing to get you the compensation you deserve.
Speak with an Experienced California Car Accident Lawyer Today!
Walch Law has over 40 years of successfully handling cases just like yours. Though car accidents happen regularly, it is even more common for insurance companies to fight against giving you the full amount of financial recovery that you deserve from your accident. Call us today to speak with an experienced best car accident lawyer California regarding the specific circumstances of your case. You have nothing to lose, so call us today to learn more!