QuickBooks Point of Sale is utilised by retail store owners worldwide to record sales transactions and analyse the customer shopping pattern to maximise sales. However, QuickBooks invalid product number can sometimes show up while registering the software. If you also come across this error message on your QB POS, keep reading further to understand why this error develops and the different ways you can terminate it on your PC.
Approach our QB support team at +1-855-738-2784 for troubleshooting guidance to fix the issue.
Why QuickBooks fails to open due to this error?
You come across an invalid product number POS warning while opening or installing the software on your computer. The possible causes of this error interrupting you from using QB Point of Sale are mentioned below-
- The Entitlement Client folder files are damaged, and POS fails to run the file containing the license number file.
- The WSActivity file has been damaged due to a virus attack/Data corruption and fails to run in the QB POS.
- QB POS is restricted by the Windows Firewall or cannot access the program files due to your non-admin Windows account.
You May Read More: How do I fix H202 error in QuickBooks?
Actions needed to get rid of the QB POS issue
You won’t be able to install or open QB POS on your system after the software gets infected by this startup issue. You need to execute the following methods to eliminate the problem from your QB POS-
Solution 1- Delete all the files inside the Entitlement Client folder
QB POS stores its launch configuration and license files inside the Entitlement Client folder on your system. In case this folder gets damaged due to data corruption and the files inside fail to run, you’ll run into an invalid product number warning 176109 while installing or opening the software. You can fix the issue by deleting the Entitlement Client folder files, as they’ll be recreated the next time you run the software. You can either do it using an automated tool or manually, as described in the following steps-
- Download and install the Clear Entitlement File tool on your computer.
- Run the tool and let it delete the files inside the Entitlement Client folder.
- Open QB POS again and use the on-screen instructions to register the software.
Another way of deleting the files is given below-
- Open the file explorer and visit C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\V8 or V6 on your system.
- Select all the files inside the folder (Ctrl+A) and right-click on the marked area.
- Click the Delete option and tap Yes in the following tab to confirm.
If the QB POS error interrupts you again, move to the next solution.
Solution 2- Recreate the WSActivity file stored in the POS folder
You can also face QuickBooks POS error 176109 if the WSActivity file gets damaged and the software cannot process the file. You need to recreate the damaged file using the steps mentioned below-
- Go to C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of SaleXX\ini using the file explorer.
- Right-click the WSActivity file and tap the Rename option.
- Type ‘OLD’ at the start of the file name and avoid making any other changes to the file.
- Delete the Entitlement client folder files again.
We are now at the end of this blog explaining why QuickBooks invalid product number error message stops you from setting up POS on your PC. The methods required to prevent the error from developing are included in the blog, and we hope you use them to register POS without problems.
Speak directly to our QB support team at +1-855-738-2784 if the solutions are too complex for you to apply.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 12007