So, CBSE Class 11 Commerce Syllabus is incomplete without the Class 11 Business Studies Syllabus. Moreover, the Business Studies Syllabus by Vidya Setu assists students in preparing for their final exams. Additionally, students can only do well enough in their examinations if they have a clear and concise knowledge of the subject.
Also, the Business Studies Syllabus for Class 11 provides the fundamental principles that will aid students in their higher education. Additionally, these are essential elements. So, students must think clearly and understand themes like company structure, types of commercial organizations, financial sources, and trade.
Moreover, Vidya Setu’s Class 11 BST Syllabus follows CBSE rules and is authentic and dependable. Also, students can use this PDF as a guidance tool to help them plan their examination practices.
So, here is the detailed CBSE Class 11 Business Studies Syllabus as per the new syllabus of class 11 commerce.
CBSE Class 11 Business Studies curriculum
So, Part A, Part B, and Part C are the three parts of the Class 11 Business Studies Syllabus of the new syllabus of class 11 commerce. Moreover, Parts A and B are theoretical. However, Part C is project work that students must complete. Additionally, Part A delves into the foundations of a business organization, its foundations, business forms, company types, and social responsibility.
Moreover, Part B is concerned with the financial and trade activities that a company engages in. Additionally, it describes how a company raises and handles money. Additionally, it also gives you an understanding of trade and international commerce.
So, Part C is a project that students must complete to apply their theoretical knowledge.
So, let’s have a look at class 11 business studies syllabus as per the new CBSE Class 11 Commerce Syllabus.
The Benefits of the CBSE Class 11 Commerce Syllabus
The following are some of the advantages of the CBSE Class 11 Commerce Syllabus:
- So, The syllabus follows CBSE guidelines.
- Additionally, the topic specialists at Vidya Setu have compiled a list of crucial topics so that you can do well in your exams.
- Moreover, using the CBSE Class 11 Commerce syllabus, you can arrange your timetable for each unit according to your own needs.
- Also, you’ll be able to identify and strengthen your weaker chapters if you thoroughly comprehend the syllabus.
- Additionally, the syllabus’s precise unit-by-unit categorization will be a helpful reference and review aid.
CBSE Curriculum for Class 11 Business Studies Term 1
Theory: 40 Marks
Duration: 90 Minutes
|Units||Term 1- MCQ Based Question Paper||Periods||Marks|
|Part A||Foundations of Business|
|1||Evolution and Fundamentals of Business||18||16|
|2||Forms of Business Organisations||20|
|3||Public, Private and Global Enterprises||10||14|
|5||Emerging Modes of Business||05||10|
|6||Social Responsibility of Business and Business Ethics||08|
|Project Work (Part 1)||10|
CBSE Curriculum for Class 11 Business Studies Term 2
Theory: 40 Marks
Duration: 2 Hours
|Units||Term 2 Subjective Question Paper||Periods||Marks|
|Part B||Finance and Trade|
|7||Sources of Business Finance||28||20|
|8||Small Business and Entrepreneurship Development||16|
|Project Work (Part-2)||10|
CBSE Class 11 Business Studies Syllabus
So, in this section of the article, we will be having a detailed look at the new syllabus of class 11 commerce for the business studies paper.
Moreover, to start with “PART A,” this portion includes the foundation of a business.
Unit 1: Evolution and Fundamentals of Business
1. So, the first unit involves the study of Indian Trade and Commerce History: Indigenous Banking System, Rise of Intermediaries, Transportation, Trading Communities. Additionally, they will learn about the Merchant Corporations, Major Trade Centers, Major Imports and Exports, and Indian Subcontinent’s Position in the World Economy
2. Additionally, this unit will cover the meaning and features of business in this unit.
3. Moreover, this will include work, profession, and Employment Concepts.
4. Business objectives
5. Additionally, this will cover the Business Activity Classification – Industry and Commerce.
6. So, this unit will also cover the types of industries: primary, secondary, and tertiary Subgroups and their significance.
7. Commerce-trade: (internal and external types; retail and wholesale) and trade auxiliaries (banking, transportation, insurance, warehousing, communications, and advertising) – meaning
8. Additionally, it will include the concept of business risk.
Unit 2: Forms of Business organizations
1. So, unit 2 starts with the concept of a sole proprietorship and its benefits and drawbacks.
2. Additionally, the unit will cover partnership—concept, types, benefits, limitations, formation of a partnership firm, and partnership deed. Different types of partners
3. Also, you will learn the concept for a Hindu Undivided Family Business
4. Moreover, the unit also includes concept, Benefits, and Limitations of Cooperative Societies
5. Also, this includes the Company – Definition, Benefits, and Limitations; Types: Private, Public, and One-Person Company – Interpretation
6. Additionally, this will include Company formation – phases and essential documents to be utilized in company incorporation
Unit 3: Public, Private and Multinational Company
1. So, the 3rd unit will cover the Concepts of public and private sector firms
2. Also, it will cover Departmental Undertakings, Statutory Corporations, and Government Companies are three types of public sector organizations.
Unit 4: Business Services
1. So, this unit covers the definitions and types of business services. Additionally, it will include the Savings, current, fixed deposit, recurring, and multiple-option deposit accounts are all types of bank accounts.
2. Additionally, this unit covers banking services, specifically Bank Draft, Bank Overdraft, and Cash Credit. Also, it will include e-banking meaning and types of digital payments.
3. Also, this includes Insurance – Fundamentals Life, health, fire, and marine insurance.
Unit 5: Emerging Modes of Business
The concept, scope, and benefits of a business.
Unit 6: Social Responsibility of Business and Business Ethics
1. So, this unit starts with the Social responsibility concept.
2. Additionally, it will cover the social responsibility case.
3. Owners, investors, consumers, employees, the government, and the community are all held accountable.
4. And finally, the Business’s Role in Environmental Protection
Unit 7: Sources of Business Finance
1. So, the unit will first cover the Concept and Importance of Business Finance.
2. Owners’ money – idea includes equity shares, preference shares, retained earnings, Global Depository Receipt (GDR), International Depository Receipt (IDR), an American Depository Receipt (ADR).
3. Additionally, they will learn about Borrowed money: debentures and bonds, financial institution and commercial bank loans, trade credit, public deposits are all examples of borrowed funds.
Unit 8: Small Business and Entrepreneurship Development
1. So, this unit will cover the concept, Features, and Need for Entrepreneurship Development (ED). Additionally, it will cover the Start-up India scheme and ways to fund a start-up. Additionally, it will cover entrepreneurship and Intellectual Property Rights.
2. Additionally, it will cover the Small business, as defined by the MSMED Act of 2006. (Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprise Development Act).
3. Also, it will include the role of small businesses in India, with a focus on rural areas.
4. Additionally, the unit will cover the Small-scale industry-government programs and agencies: National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) and District Industrial Centre (DIC) focus on rural and backward regions.
Unit 9: Internal Trade
1. So, the unit starts with Internal trade — what a wholesaler and a retailer do and what services they provide.
2. Additionally, it will cover the Big-box stores, department stores, and chain stores – concept.
Unit 10: International Trade
So, the final unit will cover the concept of international trade and its advantages.
Complete class 11 Business Studies syllabus with online classes
So, if you are searching for the best class 11 online classes to complete Commerce Syllabus, then Vidya Setu is your preferred destination.
Moreover, at Vidya Setu, we strive to give you the most outstanding online education possible.
Since we recognize that the 11th and 12th grades can be complex, we have built you the ideal online learning platform. Additionally, you can access these classes from the comfort of your own home. Moreover, we provided a variety of classes for all the subjects, including accounting, economics, and business studies, among others.
Moreover, Vidya Setu has a robust platform where students can stream interactive classes online 24/7.
As a result, there will be no need for additional coaching or tutoring if you attend these classes. Additionally, we have highly certified and experienced lecturers who will clear all your doubts.
So, don’t hesitate to sign up right away. Moreover, Vidya Setu’s excel in brainstorming sessions, group discussions in class, participatory teaching, and maintaining a healthy student-to-teacher ratio.
So, don’t worry about looking for a perfect online platform for all your learning needs. Vidya Setu got you covered.
Additionally, Vidya Setu’s ultimate goal is to deliver a good outcome, which drives us to work relentlessly and consistently with diligence and dedication. So, where do you want to go for success? Join CBSE Class 11 Online Classes today.