HP printer is undoubtedly one of the best printers you can come across in the market. However, there can be a situation where you would need to follow the troubleshooting steps to make your printer working again. So, in case you’re wondering, “How Do I Reset my HP Printer to Factory Settings?” Then you would need to go through the troubleshooting information given ahead.
Steps for troubleshooting (Procedure 1):
- On the printer, you’ll see a screen to navigate to different menu options.
- You would need to tap on the button “Setup.”
- In the following menu, you would need to click on the control of “Tools.”
- You’ll come across a new menu option. There you would need to tap on the power of “Restore factory defaults.”
- You’ll come across the choice of “Do you want to continue?”
- Select the option “Yes.”
- Once you have done that, then your printer will restart.
- Once your printer has restarted, then your printer would be back to the “Factory default settings.”
I hope you were able to reset your printer quickly. In case you’re thinking, “Is there a reset button on my HP printer?” Then the answer to that is, there is no direct reset button for it. You only need to follow the above mentioned easy steps to reset your HP printer. That clearly shows the importance of knowing the correct steps.
However, there are also some other ways to troubleshoot your printer if it is still not working.
Steps for troubleshooting (Procedure 2):
In case you’re wondering, “How do I reset my HP wireless printer?” Then you can even follow these other ways to troubleshoot it. This alternate procedure of troubleshooting is very easy and non – technical. So, even if you’re not very good with the gadgets, then also you can easily follow this procedure.
- Make sure that you have turned off the product. After that, take off the power plug. Now, wait for around 30 to 40 seconds. After that, reconnect all the connections.
- Now when you’re going to turn On the product. Then you would need to make sure that you have kept the “Resume” button pressed. That means you would need to keep the resume button pressed for at least 10-20 seconds because the printer will take that much time to restart. You will notice that the attention light will turn On.
- Once you see that the attention light is On, then you can release the resume button.
- Your printer has restarted, and it is ready to be used again at the factory default settings.
Steps for troubleshooting (Procedure 3):
In case you’re wondering, “How do I reset my HP printer error message?” Then you only need to follow the suggestions below. After that, your printer will get back to normal.
- Check if there is any obstruction in the path of the carriage.
- In case you have been regularly using your printer for a long time, then you would need to get it serviced.
Hopefully, after following the above-mentioned steps, you have been able to fix the printer issue. Enjoy your HP printer services.