Sage Error 40960
Sage is a leading solution for handling business-related activities and comes up with numerous features and functionalities. However, users may come across different error codes while accessing Sage. Today, we are writing on one such error ‘Sage Error 40960’ that is related to Sage 300 and appears because of incorrect DNS settings.
We explain the causes and solutions to a common error in Windows 10. If you have any questions or need professional help, visit our website.
What is Error 40960 in Sage 300 Program
Sage error 40960 is connected to Sage 300. This error was reported by many users even after the configuration of the database settings. When you are failing to connect with the database, a database error is usually found. To get rid of the 40960 Sage error, you must first configure your database settings. You may also have the same problem because you are using an incorrect server with a Data Source Name (DSN).
Sage Error 40960 Causes
The DSN used in database setup points to the wrong server. This meant the error happened because a server was not correctly configured
Also Read: Sage 50 Database Connection Error
How Do You Fix Sage Error Code 40960?
Are you already having problems with Sage 300? If you have recently installed a recent version of the software, make sure that you have logged into the Sage 300 application as an administrator.
Solution 1: Check DNS Settings
- Firstly, launch the 32 bit DSN settings.
- Next, choose the DSN by using Sage 300.
- After that, click on Configure and correct all DSN settings.
- Lastly, choose Save.
Solution 2: Resolve the Connection Issue
A connection problem with the database usually leads to an error of Sage 40960. Different security software can block certain links via specific ports. In such a case, disabling security software is the best way to address the issue. You will then be able to connect to the database.
Now, look into the following steps to get rid of connection errors.
- First, disable the firewall and make sure the Sage error 40960 has been fixed.
- If the issue has been fixed, choose Advanced Settings for Windows Firewall.
- After that, choose Data Access and create a new connection for the port by which Sage connects to the database.
- Create simple Outbound Rules for your callers to follow.
- Finally, let’s save the name and description.
If you still struggle to fix Sage error 40960, there are a few solutions. You may contact our Sage tech support staff of specialists anytime at +1800-901-1342 or you can also chat with us online.