QuickBooks is a bookkeeping software that integrates with web services and uses the internet to perform accounting tasks. However, users encounter QuickBooks TLS Error when the connection to the internet breaks and the accounting tasks are interrupted. If you also encounter this network error on your QB, read this entire blog to figure out why the error emerges and methods to eliminate it.
Approach our team of QB experts at 1-855-738-2784 for a quick resolution of this error.
Causes of TLS 1.2 error in QuickBooks Desktop
You might encounter this error message while performing accounting tasks requiring the internet. The primary causes of this TLS network connectivity issue arising in QuickBooks are discussed below-
- The TLS settings in your Windows are blocking QB’s internet connection due to misconfiguration.
- Your system’s web browser is downloaded from a third-party source, causing compatibility issues while performing the accounting tasks.
- Your internet speed on the system is very low leading to data loss during QB file downloads.
Recommended to Read:- What is error code 6010 in QuickBooks desktop?
Effective ways to remove QuickBooks TLS 1.2 failure error
You cannot send invoices after this error develops as QB’s internet connection will lapse randomly terminating the accounting tasks. The techniques you can use to fix the issue are discussed in the following methods-
Solution 1- Set the TLS settings configuration correctly on your Windows
Transport Layer Security or the TLS settings ensure that the PC application’s data remains safe when you transfer it over the internet. The settings can restrict the internet connection if it appears harmful to the system. QuickBooks can display this TLS error message if its accounting tasks get blocked due to a lack of a stable internet connection. You can easily tackle the issue by correctly setting up the TLS settings in your Windows. Use these steps-
- Open the control panel on your computer and go to the ‘internet options’ window.
- Go to the Security tab and click the Change Settings option.
- Scroll down the settings list and single-click the Use TLS 1.2 checkbox to mark it.
- Make sure you do not mark the other TLS settings checkboxes and close the tab after saving the settings.
If the error message appears after fixing the TLS settings, move to the next solution.
Solution 2- Use your operating system’s default web browsers to integrate with QB
QuickBooks uses web browsers to access Intuit services and perform online tasks. In case QB fails to integrate with the web browser due to incompatibility, you’ll receive this error message on the screen, and the ongoing accounting tasks will be affected. You need to set the correct web browser as shown below to prevent network connectivity issues in your QB-
- Open the file explorer on your computer and click the Apps option.
- Tap Default Apps in the left menu and scroll down to Web Browser.
- Select Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer as your default browser and save the settings.
- Reopen your QuickBooks and run the task that caused this error.
This blog thoroughly explains why QuickBooks TLS Error emerges when you run online tasks in the software. The adequate measures you need to take to resolve the error are also discussed in the blog and we hope you use them to prevent QB’s internet connection from lapsing.
Speak to our QB support team at 1-855-738-2784 if the solutions are inconvenient for you to use.
Read More:- Why my QuickBooks Keeps on Crashing