Umrah is a sacred pilgrimage in which a large number of pilgrims assemble for worship inside the premises of the Grand Masjid-E-Haram. This large crowd, however, raises a number of health issues for the pilgrims. It is necessary for pilgrims to take certain precautions to protect themselves from various diseases and infections caused thanks to the massive gathering. Annually, the Saudi government’s health authorities introduced a number of initiatives taking aim at raising public awareness about these diseases and teaching people how to control them, as well as reducing their prevalence.
Aside from these initiatives, it is a must for each pilgrim to take a number of precautions on a personal level to protect themselves from highly transmissible diseases and infections. Now, let’s go through what you need in addition to an Umrah package for a stress-free and successful Umrah.
1. Always keep a first-aid kit on hand in case of an emergency. Makkah’s climate is hot and harsh, which can cause distress for pilgrims coming from countries with milder climates.
2. Pilgrims who are severely ill, elderly, pregnant, or suffering from immune deficiency terminal disease, HIV, cancer, or malignancy should not perform this pilgrimage to alleviate their suffering. Diseases such as Hepatitis and AIDS are contagious, increasing the risk of transmission.
3. Due to Saudi Arabia’s hot and humid weather, pilgrims in Makkah and Madinah complain constantly of dehydration. Tawaf and Sai are two major Umrah rituals that necessitate continuous walking and thus end up causing severe water deficiency. Therefore, pilgrims must take a water bottle as well as other liquids with them to avoid dehydration.
4. To avoid the possibility of viral and bacterial spread, it is essential to avoid any personal contact with other pilgrims. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with your bare hands because these are the most sensitive parts of the body and therefore can readily affect you.
5. During Umrah, eat nutritious, sanitary cuisine and keep track of your diet. Because Umrah is a physically demanding activity that necessitates a lot of walking, you must always have something in your luggage to consume at short intervals that keep you feeling refreshed and energized. Avoid consuming fried, packed, or open food during Umrah pilgrimage because it can be harmful to your health and make you restless while performing Umrah rituals
Every pilgrim must get vaccinations for meningitis, pneumococcal disease, and seasonal influenza before leaving for their Umrah journey. The pilgrims will also need to show the authorities their receipts for yellow fever, polio, and Zika virus vaccinations in order to achieve an Umrah visa. So many Umrah travel agencies in the United Kingdom provide vaccination and other health advice to pilgrims. One of them is Muslims Holy Travel, which strives hard to provide you the top-notch yet affordable 21-Nights Umrah Packages 2021-2022 along with authentic and helpful guidance about your traveling, accommodation, health maintenance, Umrah performance, and so on. So, you need not to worry about anything regarding Umrah and Hajj, because we always treat our clients as our family members to make them happy and satisfied.