White or light-colored sofas look clean and elegant and brighten up the living room, making them a popular choice among homeowners whose living room consists mainly of sofas. While they are beautiful, it is always a challenge to maintain them because of their light color. Stains and discoloration on such light-colored material are obvious, so careful maintenance is needed to ensure they stay clean and bright!
Below are some steps you can follow to care for your light-colored upholstered furniture:
1. take care of stains or spills immediately.
Stains or spills need to be taken care of as soon as they occur. The longer the stains remain on the sofa, the harder it will be to remove them. Layout layers of paper towels to remove excess stains from the upholstery as soon as something is spilled. Don’t rub or wipe the spill too hard or the stain may spread even further. Visit also: Sofa cleaning in Newton
Take a damp, clean cloth, preferably a white one, and blot the stain with water. If the water is not enough to remove the stain, blot the stain with a small amount of dishwashing liquid or shampoo. Then rinse the stain with a clean, damp cloth. Blow-dry the damp stain thoroughly.
2. Do not eat or drink on the sofa.
Stains from food and drink are common stains on sofas. Some of these strains contain food dyes that can potentially cause permanent stains on your sofa, especially if left unattended for long periods of time.
3. Rotate your sofa set once a month when it is exposed to the sun to prevent unbalanced discoloration from sunlight.
4.Cover the fabric furniture with slipcover when you have a party to avoid direct stains.
5.Avoid activities that can leave stains when you use upholstered furniture, such as writing, polishing nails, eating, drinking, etc.
6.Vacuum sofa frames, seats, and cushions weekly to remove stuck dirt. Removing accumulated dust and dirt in fabric upholstery not only helps improve indoor air quality. Accumulated dust and dirt on the sofa cover can darken the upholstery, making the fabric or upholstery look dull and dirty. Leather sofas should be wiped down every two weeks to minimize stains caused by body grease and dirt.
7. Do not attempt to use cleaning products from the hardware store unless you are sure. Many commercial cleaning products do not contain adequate cleaning instructions and may contain chemicals that are not suitable for your sofa. When in doubt, always check with the store where you purchased your sofa set.
8. Have your sofa cleaned annually or more frequently, depending on usage and soiling. Professional cleaning is necessary to thoroughly clean and refresh the upholstery, especially if stains need to be removed.
For more information regarding sofa cleaning services from professionals in Sydney, please visit our website: https://www.cleancouchessydney.com.au/